AGEX- How long?

Sorry if it's been asked, I simply couldn't find it.

Generally speaking, how long does it take AGEX to cycle (specifically, how long do the lulls in the 600's last?)?  Just trying to see how long we have to keep boot-strapping or if it's worth downsizing.

It has never been in the 600's level before. It always hit low in about mid 700's.

Apparently Idlewild and Aspern are two worlds that now have AGEX in 650-level. All other worlds, from what I could see, got AGEX this year into mid 700's as well, and then it started going up. Several of the worlds are topping 800's getting into 900's again.

And how long... there is no way to tell. If you look on the graph, it should have started going up a long time ago.

Never downsize mate. Just change the price and get better rating and make sure to have a SLF of over 85% in high AGEX. For example, the last competitor (who was bigger than me) had a SLF of about 75% in 850s AGEX then in 700s AGEX his load factor fell under 60% and went down, while mine stayed at about 95% all the way because of high rating and the style I run my airline. Usually I lose about 1% or 2% SLF for every 100 AGEX while my competitors can lose up to 10% SLF.

It seems to run in roughly 5-6 month cycles. Fornebu is on the way back down after sitting high for the first half of this year.

It has never been in the 600's level before. It always hit low in about mid 700's.

Apparently Idlewild and Aspern are two worlds that now have AGEX in 650-level. All other worlds, from what I could see, got AGEX this year into mid 700's as well, and then it started going up. Several of the worlds are topping 800's getting into 900's again.

And how long... there is no way to tell. If you look on the graph, it should have started going up a long time ago.

Gatow hit 650 last October.  While it is in the mid 700's now, it has been going down since early summer, and is still going down.

Never downsize mate. Just change the price and get better rating and make sure to have a SLF of over 85% in high AGEX. For example, the last competitor (who was bigger than me) had a SLF of about 75% in 850s AGEX then in 700s AGEX his load factor fell under 60% and went down, while mine stayed at about 95% all the way because of high rating and the style I run my airline. Usually I lose about 1% or 2% SLF for every 100 AGEX while my competitors can lose up to 10% SLF.

I don't want to, but as it keeps dropping I'm getting VERY close to losing money each week.  I'll look at my prices again, hopefully there's something there to help.

Fundamentally, I was a small airline trying to make it, and only making about 100k profit a week, then the AGEX bottom dropped out.

I like to mention, that the low fuel price compesates the low AGEX. Imagine, if the fuel Price would be around 60 AS$...

Imagine, if the fuel Price would be around 60 AS$...

I never think the fuel price will ever be 60 AS$/l, rather 60 ASc$/l ;). Still that is less then half the price of gasoline in Sweden.

Let's just take average Jet A1 fuel price of US$1.26 per US gallon, that is 34.5 USc/liter. Not very far from AS pricing.

http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=jet-fuel&months=12

Agex has gone down 18 pints today again.... its killing small operators that were profitable , like me.

Any prediction on when its going to rise, what does it actually depend on? is there a formula?

based on the constellation of the stars and tea leaves, I predict it to go up again tomorrow

:lol: Lol, but seriously, what does it depend on?

an algorithm only known to the developers. if you take a look, there seems to be a trigonometric aspect as well as some radomness to it. the first part helps to predict the overall developtment.