Where to report bugs?

Should I report them in this thread or using the in game support system?

I think it’s best to report and discuss it here, so everybody can see it and participate.

OK, first - thanks for a great new release. I really like the new planner. I personally like the fact that I can see the landing times in the planner - in the old planner, the time reported on the right side of a flight was the "ready for departure time" - which was not of much use when creating a hub wave system. That feature alone already makes me happy for the day! 

Here are two minor problems I am encountering:

Problem 1:
In Flight Plan, select flight from "Existing Flight Number". Set departure time, tick all days, don't click "Apply schedule settings"
- When clicking on "Set planner for this flight number" the flight is being removed from the schedule
- when clicking on "Delete flight assignment for this day" nothing happens
(- the "View flight number" is working)

Suggestion 1:
Don't enable the three options in the flight planner as long as the schedule hasn't been applied.

Problem 2:
The warning triangle in the flight planing is a great visual clue. However, there is no "grey" or "disabled" version of this icon.
This has the consequence, that once I have "applied the schedule", the orange warning triangle (time window) is being replaced by a grey tickmark.
This leaves me with no visual clue, when the flight plan has "time window" issues, but cannot indicate a thin yellow bar (example: Flight A ready for departure: 00:08, Flight B departs at 00:07 - there is no yellow bar in the flight plan)

Suggestion 2:
Create a "grey" or "disabled" version of the warning icon.

(edit: uploaded an image to visualize problem 2 here [url=http://postimg.org/image/6u87t1jdd/]Untitled.jpg[/url]  )

I cannot replicate your problem #1 (e.g. after clicking "set plnner", the flight edit screen appears), maybe this error is your mobile-device specific?

As far as problem 2, I think the system takes the saved data as "Okayed" and when you edit the flight, it does not recalculate unless you change something (speed, departure time, etc.). This is an inheritance from AS 6.2, whee schedule was "okayed" or not (depending on slots or permitted speed override. If it was saved as "okayed", then edting the flight number kept the "okayed" settings. Most likely solution to your problem 2 would require dynamic recalculation every time the flight is edited.

I added a mp4 video file (on dropbox - public link) for the first problem, since it is hard to describe... :-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2aygyi36fcbj9xy/test.mp4.mp4?dl=0

Ok I was able to replicate in on Dev.

Basically the "set planner to this flight plan" icon is not supposed to be clickable (visible) until you confirm flight when you work/edit flight number.

The current bahavior:

If you create new flight number and do not save it yet, clicking "set planner to this flight number" (SPFN) will deselect all days.

Even if you have just one day selected, or 5 or all 7, it willd eselect all days.

If the flight number is on the flight plan and you edit it, if ll 7 days are selected and in "green", clicking SPFN will make them go back to grey status.

If you have any one day unselected, cicking SPFN will get all days selected and in grey status.

Did I already mention that I love :wub:  the new release? Thanks to all of the AS team for your efforts in creating new features and expanding AirlineSim.

Therefore, I am feeling a bit uncomfortable creating a "bug" thread as first response. However, it is in the spirit of helping you to get feedback about what you have achieved. So far, I only have discovered minor quibbles (see above) and I hope that you don't mind me reporting these. Here's actually another one that bugs me a little bit (but honestly - I can live with it).

Problem 3:

It seems to me that previous releases were reporting the actual staff cost under "week end closing" in the "Overview" page (carrying the same total amount than on the "Personnel Management" page. I tried to locate the respective discussion thread and looked through the change logs in the blog - but I can't find any mention for this. (This actually isn't really 6.3 related, I can see the same behaviour in v6.2-136 - however, I am quite sure that at one point the staff cost on the overview page was reflecting the correct total from the staff page).

AFAIK the week-end-closing entry (both in "overview"  and in "cash flow") has always shown the wrong cost, as in, the cost you would pay at the end of the week if your salaries stayed the same (bottom left of "Personnel Management"), rather than the cost you actually pay at the end of the week (bottom right of "Personnel Management"). At least it's been like this for the past 4 months or so since I joined, can't tell how it was before.

AFAIK the week-end-closing entry (both in "overview"  and in "cash flow") has always shown the wrong cost, as in, the cost you would pay at the end of the week if your salaries stayed the same (bottom left of "Personnel Management"), rather than the cost you actually pay at the end of the week (bottom right of "Personnel Management"). At least it's been like this for the past 4 months or so since I joined, can't tell how it was before.

I am quite excited about the new options of this release, this is why I am looking so closely at things. Maybe my "Problem 3" was a false reporting. I can't tell for sure (at least I was under the impression that it was fixed following a discussion). But I can be wrong.

Since I am enjoying this release so much, I created for the first time a second holding on Quimby. First, I did order two A320-200 which are to be delivered tomorrow / after tomorrow. A bit disappointed that I won't get the aircraft as part of the immediate delivery program, I reasoned that this was normal: "Hey, it's my second holding, so I used up the immediate delivery program already with my first holding". But then, I ordered two ATR72-600 and - bam - they were part of the immediate delivery program. Here, I am unsure whether I understand the game rules or whether this is a bug?

It's not a bug. You've got a maximum budget of 10 Mio for your account (so, yes, not per holding). You probably used most of that for your first holding, but maybe you had 1-2 Mio left. That wasn't enough to get an A332 - but it was eoungh to get your ATRs.

Thanks! This explains why. 

I am quite excited about the new options of this release, this is why I am looking so closely at things. Maybe my "Problem 3" was a false reporting. I can't tell for sure (at least I was under the impression that it was fixed following a discussion). But I can be wrong.

It's not a false reporting. It is in fact a bug, just not Quimby-specific but transversal to all worlds.

I am experiencing the flight planner tool on Quimby to be very slow at the moment. On both my PC & laptop. No problems on other game worlds. It has to think for 5-7 seconds, everytime to do anything while planning a new schedule.

I am experiencing the flight planner tool on Quimby to be very slow at the moment. On both my PC & laptop. No problems on other game worlds. It has to think for 5-7 seconds, everytime to do anything while planning a new schedule.

Can you elaborate a bit on this? What exactly is happening to you, and under what circumstances? (e.g. I do this and this, and that and that happens).

Because it may be similar to certain issue I reported some time ago.

On Saturday I started my airline and scheduled flight from CAI to LHR with CRJ 1000 ER. 32 CUs were put on sale which is the maximal cargo capacity of CRJ 1000 ER. Today I have added additional frequency to that route with identical airplane and route settings. This time only 20 CUs were put on sale. Is anybody else experiencing this? 

There was a big where passenger baggage was not accounted for, and the whole cargo space was made available for cargo. So in fact you were flying more cargo than you should, given you also have to carry the passengers bags. There was a patch implemented I think yesterday that took care of this slight discrepancy. It is my understanding the booked flights will not be changed their cargo capacity until they are modified in any way.