Aero Southern

Aero Southern is the largest carrier in Indonesia market on KaiTak servers. The company also provides services in Papua and Bahamas market at this point.

The company started with serving large and popular cities in Indonesia and one of the most cities in Southeast Asia: Singapore. The fleet of Aero Southern includes: 

Boeing 757: Domestic and International (used for the first international flight, Aero Southern flight1)

zI2qLI2.jpg

ATR 42: mainly domestic and some international routes

Lwr2ukB.jpg

MD80/90s: Main power on domestic routes, also operate the first flight to Australia (Jakarta--Perth)

Boeing 767: high-density routes

The airline has its only hub in Jakarta. It competed with the major airline in Indonesia, Indonesia Skylines, for a really long time. The airline also signed ILs with several airlines in the region, includes: TJE southeast asia, Tekong Airways, Fly Asia Smile, and Royal Singapore. Bombardier DHC-8s were later introduced to serve airports with short runways from Jakarta. 

Bombardier DHC-8-300 in early livery

bJZLX1Q.jpg

Bombardier Dash8-Q400 in early livery

rTS0hpW.jpg

More services and Introducing 737s:

Aero Southern started its service to Papua region with MD80/90. However, the company found MD80/90 are not suitable for all airports in Papua region, and the long distance flight from Jakarta makes it impossible to use props. The company decided to introduce Boeing 737, the sixth type of aircraft, to its fleet.

S0MU2qt.jpg

Boeing 737-200 in early livery

Cargo planes were also introduced to the fleet:

7q9ZZgu.jpg

Considered its close relationship with TJE and Fly Asia Smile, Aero Southern joined Mondial Airline Association, one of the oldest and largest alliance in KaiTak.

Introducing Trans Insulindia Airlines:

The company decided to open a new hub in eastern Indonesia region and provide better connection flights. Based on the fleet management and safety analysis, the airline decided to open a new branch, Trans Insulindia Airlines, at this hub. 

The fleet of Trans Insulindia Airlines (TIA) includes:

Bombardier CRJs

and Embraer ERJs

nMK8wbz.jpg

Liquidation of IAG, Indonesia Aviation group (Indonesia Skylines) and expansion:

Unexpectedly, IAG announced ceased operations. It generated a lot of free slots around Indonesia. Aero Southern decided to expand and opened new hubs in Bali, Surabaya, and Medan. A new airline, Zamrud Khatulistiwa Airways, is established in Denpasar Bali. The idea of Zamrud Khatulistiwa Airways, ZK Airways, is providing large aircrafts services, mostly Boeing 747 series, on popular routes. This decision brought a lot of classic 747 back to live. When it started operations, the fleet included:

B747-100/200/300/SP

B747-400:

XNcXlZn.jpg

Boeing 747-8I is also added into service recently:

Tg1Lmcc.jpg

Aero Southern started renewing/replacing aircrafts some time before the liquidation of IAG. All Boeing 757 were planned to be replaced, though most of operation were done after the liquidation of IAG. A new livery was introduced to the fleet and also fits the livery of ZK Airways:

ATR42: 

ED0gF73.jpg

y6NtpNp.jpg

Bombardier Dash8:

BjEz2Rr.jpg

LrEa808.png

eQk3DwQ.jpg

speical livery for aerial firefighting service

Boeing 737:

nbXRMBC.jpg

Boeing 757 (before the whole fleet retired):

F2q1LJM.jpg

Expansion of ZK Airways:

To compete with new airlines in Indonesian market, including Air Dewata and Indonesian Flyer, the company decide to use ZK Airways to expand its hubs in Bali. New types of aircrafts are introduced:

Fokker 28/70/100

Airbus A320 family:

qjVcjYq.jpg

jBrzz2X.jpg

kyQZI0V.jpg

Most destinations and flights from Bali.

It took me some time to realize it was a history snapshot ... the IAG bankruptcy was a giveaway ;)

nice liveries, especially the white paint on background ones.

The red does not go well on the green btw

good job you had done with your holding.

Thanks. Actually i know it was a giveaway  ;) , but saying IAG CEO decided to liquidate his company and affected thousands of travellers doesn't sound nice in any way.  ^_^

It does look uncomfortable when you say that :huh: , especially green letters and red background. Will change that

Many pictures of Aero Southern fleet:

Boeing 737-100 (planned to introduce, but never come to true):

3kXqo9h.jpg

Boeing 737-300 (domestic flights, introduced just before liquidation of IAG): 

0SPuNJd.jpg

original livery

AmKYIQj.jpg

present

Boeing 737-700 (widely used on both domestic and international routes):

Cs3tUpQ.jpg

original

riao0jr.jpg

present

Boeing 737-900 (high-density domestic routes, some international routes, introduced with 300 series):

eHT0PYR.jpg

Original

9029rfZ.jpg

present

Boeing 757-300 (used for a very short time. Introduced just before 757 replacement program. most of the flights are then transfer to B737-900)

V4zBb8g.jpg

McDonnell Douglas DC-9s (Domestic routes and Kuala Lumpur Services):

DC9-10:

XPRBNfo.jpg

Original

3A9ruKO.jpg

livery before transfer to TAS

30s:

Zt5JbfA.jpg

original

OG6u3AH.jpg

40s:

ss8nbTa.jpg

original

4qnNDST.jpg

50s:

vgX3iJP.jpg

original

Y7YnCBn.jpg

MD-90s (come with super "80", mainly used on domestic, also used on flights to Australia, Hong Kong, and mainland China):

dCX1bd2.jpg

Original

hM3CBRS.jpg

Special livery for flights to Hong Kong and mainland China. The Chinese name "南部航空公司“ was written on the plane. The tail also written “南”, means "Southern". On the lower front corner, "Take you to Southeast Asia!" was also written in Chinese.

AR62zix.jpg

MI8884y.jpg

again, special livery for Chinese region. The livery was simplified, only the airline's name in Chinese and the word on the tail was painted.

Boeing 767-300ER (winglets):

One of the most recent members of Aero Southern fleets, used on international routes:

UhKKoCp.jpg

ZK airways additional fleet information:

Though ZK Airways came with the new livery, some of the fleets are painted in retro style livery. It includes:

Boeing 747-100 (One of the oldest plane on KaiTak server, with 40 yrs operating history):

cEEDzoi.jpg

Boeing 747-200 (another classic aircraft, also over 40 yrs operating history):

OUxgG9W.jpg

Boeing 747-300 (the size of 300 series is similar to a modern 400 series. The engine and the winglet make it identical to 400):

9KBwJd7.jpg

Fokker 70 (regional services. old, classic, but still one of the best):

Gxku1Bx.jpg

The differences between retro livery and regular livery can be seen by comparing our A320 livery to the previous livery):

ubLPI1Q.jpg

Take over Indonesia Flyer and Air Dewata:

Taking over Air Dewata was never part of Aero Southern plan. The company ran well in Bali region and was always seen as the local airline. The airline was running in LCC model, and also the only one in the region. Things changed when the CEO of Air Dewata approached to Aero Southern with its cooperating plan. Aero Southern was interested in the plan and also agreed to take over less than 40% of the shares of Air Dewata. But within several days, the cooperating agreement suddenly became parent-subsidiary relationship. The holding of Air Dewata, Hasanuddin Toraja Holding, dramatically sold most of shares to Aero Southern and other companies to make Aero Southern took over the management. Since Aero Southern is a legend airline, the LCC model was changed to the legend format. Aero Southern promised to improve the financial condition of the airline and also had intention to return the company to the original holding, but it didn’t stop Hasanuddin Toraja Holding selling all its shares several weeks later. With the liquidation of the Hasanuddin Toraja Holding later, the reason became impossible to know.

The fleet of Air Dewata includes:

Airbus A300:

8iYoF9x.jpg

Airbus A310:

6gMWs0x.jpg

Sukhoi Superjet 100:

jX8ucbt.jpg

Before transferring to Aero Southern, the company also ran:

MD-90s:

CzOtZ2j.jpg

Airbus A319 (kept using for some time, but eventually lease out):

NOqybK4.jpg

Notice that the livery wasn’t changed after Aero Southern took over, only the holding name on the tail was deleted.

Recently, BEA/BAC 1-11 “one-eleven” was also added into fleet

Taking over Indonesian Flyer was a consideration of Aero Southern over a long time. The company compete with Aero Southern directly in Jakarta. An agreement was made several weeks after Air Dewata was transferred to Aero Southern. The name of airline was changed to Maritime Southeast Asia Airlines, with dutch name, Nederlandsch-Indische Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V… The airline is exclusive for its Indo-Euro express operated by its MD11 fleets. The fleet of Maritime Southeast Asia Airlines includes:

Ilyushin IL-86/96

Tupolev TU-204/214

McDonnell Douglas DC-10:

8pI4Hxa.jpg

McDonnell Douglas MD-11:

cmR3Kf2.jpg

(Cargo)

BlkTeJq.jpg

Notice the Amsterdam flight operated by Aero Southern is also for Maritime Southeast Asia Airlines:

QQVSL9E.jpg

See the “Operating for” signs on the 767-300ER

Why do you not merge the airlines you take over into your own airline? I usually delease all aircraft and move everything to my main brand or my regional carrier.

Because i want to run as many categories as i want  :D i can't run all the categories planes under one or two companies, especially some of my company are using Africa as maintenance provider. only Airbus and CRJ are used in two companies in my holding, but i'm going to change that when MRJ and CSeries are introduced. 

Also, when i took over the company, the original holding of both company were still having some shares of the company. Asia Aircraft Invest, the holding for original Indonesian Flyer, is still having several thousand shares right now. i don't want to liquidate or make the company doing nothing. It doesn't seem nice  ^_^ (there is actually one company did this on KaiTak. the market price stays the same for a long time, and i also have some investment on that company. No profit means no money get paid. You just have the value of the share, no more).

I did merge some routes to my main branch, but also transfer some flights to the new holding. 

Oh, I find your play style very interesting with all these categories. I usually go for A320, 787 or A350 or A330 and E190s in my main airline and CRJs with ATRs in my regional carrier. 

well, i don't really want to do that at this point, especially i can run those companies pretty good, e.g. no loss at economic low point, good rating...  And Asia Aircraft Invest told me he will keep the shares, even though he was selling out recently. i didn't take them though, the second large shareholder took them. 

I know 320, E190, CRJ, and ATR are good (personally i prefer CRJ over E series because the sizes of cabins. i really hate CRJ200 is out of production). An148 is also good, but it's not as good as CRJ. There are also a lot of old models can be ran very well, like Fokker, A300 (even B2. if you can find the route fits it), B757 (how i start my company), Do-328 prop (jet is not so good). 

Indonesia has a large domestic market, so it's easy for me to get the a/c fully booked. if i don't try all the models, maybe no one will  ;)

Nusantara Air Lines and Sumatra Air Commuter, just for IAG

It was sad that none of IAG companies stay on the market. Aero Southern decided to establish two companies to memorize the IAG Indonesian Aviation Group: Nusantara Air Lines and Sumatra Air Commuter. Unlike other companies under Aero Southern, the livery of these two companies are created based on former IAG logos. 

Nusantara Air Lines (for Nusantara Airways):

B777:

16YibKm.jpg

B727:

XbXRxnY.jpg

Short360:

uk91AdV.jpg

Sumatra Air Commuter (for Indonesian Skylines):

E195:

acMkr1Q.jpg

Fokker 50:

8tqPtNk.jpg

Yak42:

eBAy4Pj.jpg

Trans Papua Airways

An airline is established in Papua market to support Aero Southern network. Just like Aero Southern, Trans Papua offers flights to all airports in the country, Papua New Guinea, from Port Moresby. The airline fleet contains:

LET 410

Viking DHC-6-400

Britten-Norman BN-2A/2B/2T

Antonov AN-148/158:

E6W6s89.jpg

Royal Bahamas Airlines

Royal Bahamas Airlines is one of the newest members of Aero Southern group. The airline is also the first airline in the group is independent to the main network in Southeast Asia. The airline provides connecting flights in Caribbean regional through Nassau. The airline also has a great IL network in U.S. and Canada. The fleet of Royal Bahamas now contains:

Airbus A319/A318 (Long range flight to U.S, South America, and Europe):

ev6HVx6.jpg

0OAfdMa.jpg

Bombardier CRJ series

Raytheon / Beech 1900C/D:

7NVJY3H.jpg

Tanah Air Service, operating for Aero Southern:

To improve the efficient of the fleet management and maintenance, all MD80/90s and DC9s operated by Aero Southern are transferred to a new company, Tanah Air Service. The livery of the new company is quite similar to the parent company, but "Operated by Tanah Air Service" was written on the plane.

uUTZGm4.jpg

tTyrfVx.jpg

dzhoVCU.jpg

PyIZ5dM.jpg

Mq72WS1.jpg

Yak40 and Tu154 were also introduced to the Aero Southern group under the old Aero Southern livery:

RIiG9gy.jpg

dMUnKPe.jpg