New service profile

Is it only me that can't create a new service profile? I can ediit the default but I only get a white page when I want to create a new service profile.

Did you enter a name for the new profile? If I leave the field empty I get a white page, too.

I found the problem. It's the - key. Anyone knows why you can't use that key?

Several keys can’t be used, like () or <> for instance. Not sure why, maybe it breaks HTML code or something?

This is a bug. You should report it.

No bug, it is not working within codes. 20 years back you could not use "-" in any program... Just within a text editor.

By the way: it is still not good to (for example) save a document with "-" in the name. Use always underscore "_" then it will work.

By the way: it is still not good to (for example) save a document with "-" in the name.

Huh? I'm pretty sure I've been saving them fine for over a decade. ;)

If the system lets you enter a forbidden character (or nothing at all) and answers with a blank page instead of an error message I certainly consider it a bug.

Besides, why would '-' not be allowed inside a name? If it is done right, any character would be allowed, including Chinese, Thai or Cyrillic.

Well, it is still not possible to enter a "/" character in a file name in Windows. So any character is not quite true, but I never worried about a - so far.

I have also had this issue ones on Stapleton but I reported it and next day I tried it worked.

Well, it is still not possible to enter a "/" character in a file name in Windows. So any character is not quite true, but I never worried about a - so far.

This is of course true, but I was referring to service profile names, not file names.