Passenger Boarding Bridges or Remote Stands ??

Which boarding method is best in Airline Sim among PBB's (Passenger Boarding Bridges) or Remote stand's to have least time in turnaround's ? Why ?

PBBs give you better rating and image so I prefer those, especially as I operate high rating high price airlines.

As you asked about turnaround times, remote stands and stairs are faster for boarding than jetways (why: using two doors instead of one)

The turnaround times are actually ridiculously long in the game (Quimby). The Avics MA600 (60 seat plane) take 55min to an hour or more to turn around when in reality I’ve seen A320’s/737NG’s (180 seat or +) turnaround in 25-30min (not exaggerating).

The AVIC MA600 or any other small category aircraft deployed on short haul routes is a joke as in the flight plan for the entire day, the turnaround times/blocks are larger than the flight times in the entire day. This despite them not even carrying cargo or not possibly using PPB’s as in the info of AS they mention certain category aircraft won’t support PPB’s .

The whole purpose of using a small aircraft ( >on high frequency) gets defeated if turnaround times are so long.

You can change the turn-arround times - have a look at the details, what is causing the long TA-times.-

My turnaround time seems to be limited by cargo (un)loading times and catering (un)loading times. Any advice on how to cut on those?

Disable cargo and reduce service profile.

H

You can change the turn-arround times - have a look at the details, what is causing the long TA-times.-

How exactly do you change Turnaround times and also how to select Remote Stands?

H

How exactly do you change Turnaround times and also how to select Remote Stands?

You can do all of that it the inventory under settings. Example:

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 12.04.33.png

I guess this options (flight settings from Inventory) does not apply to all game worlds.
I am on Ellinikon and I don’t see these categories in the General Settings area (only Origin Terminal, Destination Terminal and On-Board Service).

Captura de pantalla 2020-10-22 a las 16.05.24

Thanks for your help.
Adam

That’s because Ellinikon (as all older servers) does not feature dynamic turnarounds.

I guessed that would be the cause.
Thank you for your reply.