Desperation for 757s

Hello,

I took this screenshot yesterday night as what I saw was just ridiculous airlines are willing to pay over 50 million for quite old 757. For that price I can get a A321E (heavy) which is under 1 year old. I personally lease those A321s at that price. People are just desperate.

Why are the A321-100 not getting that much attention?

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 00.55.34.png

Wow! Which server?

My main company operates more than 250 Boeing 757s but most aircraft are leased rather cheap and some were purchased for a few million AS$. My airline also operates more than 70 A321s and the A321 is generally more economical to operate in my experience. In fact, the A321-100 is a moneymaker and ideally suited to serve shorter routes.

It is on Stapleton. I only buy 757s if they are under 20 million but I do like helping to raise the price if a competitor is buying it  :P.  I also like the A321s a lot more but they do not really have the value if you want to lease them out. I have decided buying as many 757s as I can and use them for a couple of months to expand my Panama airline and then lease them out.

I have decided buying as many 757s as I can and use them for a couple of months to expand my Panama airline and then lease them out.

Same with me with 757-expansion. It was and it is overall the financially most viable way to provide enough capacity/volume but the 757 makes only sense as long as I can get them as cheap as possible. I purchased 757s for as low as 6 to 7 million AS $. The other advantage is that the 757 is able to do some long hauls (the 757-200ER is a fine solution for me). I think that the new A321neo could replace 90% of my 757-flights but I can´t imagine to switch the 757-ops to the A321. It would be a mess. It seems that I will stck with them and the 757 is OK as long as fuel is low.

Really amazing to see, how expensive 757s can be on your server.

If I buy them now for under 10 million I can later sell them or lease them for over 20 million with the enough advertising and talking to the players that really want them. This means that I first have them to make me money and then I sell them for the same price I bought them for. How can it be any better than this? I can easily replace the 757s with A321s and 787s. The only 757s available are the 200 and 200 IGW so there are no ERs and as I will use them in PTY I believe I will be fine with A321s for most of my American routes and the 787s for longer or higher demand routes. I believe starting with 757s, 737 classics, 717s and MD is the best but I plan on buying them and phasing them out within 6 months

717s

IMO, the 717 can be rather expensive to lease but the overall characteristics, performance and economy speaks for the 717. Sparrow Air currently schedules 124 Boeing 717s and they are very well-suited for most of the missions flown. They also fit perfectly into my sub-fleet of 100 MD-80s and 62 MD-90s + 45 DC-9s.

From a certain point of view, a CEO is urged to make fundamental decisions during the development of his airlines. My original plan was to increase my fleet with many additional A321s but due to lack of suitable A321, I started to introduce the 757 for a friction of the costs of additional A321s. Same with the MD-90 which were also dramatically cheaper to lease compared to additional A320s.

The best way would have been a standardized fleet of the A320-family (all members are operated by Sparrow) but this would be a very boring airline for my taste. As long as I can make money out of each older aircraft, these planes will be retained. It´s also part of my motivation to break-even with problematic aircraft (like the DC-8).

I think that I would seriously re-think my strategy as soon as the A321neo and CSeries are available and the numbers really means a game-changer. 

For beginners, the 757 could be too big IMO.

I agree that they are abit too big for themselves but in a combination with 60 other aircraft then they are pretty good.

Here is another example of an overpriced 757 1999

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 16.14.34.png

Is the buyer under the same holding as the owner? Maybe it's just transferring the money

I don't think you can bid on your own holding's planes, can you?

I don't know. I can see my airlines' leasing offer from my another airline, but I never tried to bid the plane.

even if it is restricted, you can still ask a friend in game to help you do that right? just sell it to him and then he sells back to you

Hi,

you cannot make a bid on your own plane. But you can lease it from one division of your holding to another division, or sell and lease back. Go to asset management and then aircraft transfer.

Jan

Okay. I never lease between my own companies, so i don't know the market thing  -_-

I know the asset management function, that's how you transfer money between your companies if they are not listed. (again, like i said long time ago, it would be nice to add function to directly transfer money)

If you believe that was insane look at this:

I buy my 757s for under 10 million and I can sell them for at least 30 million with the right advertising. You can not put the list price that high but if the auction goes this well then I will get them sold for 30 million.

Wow!

Don't people realize they can get a brand new 737-900 for much less - similar capacity and range?

Wow!

Don't people realize they can get a brand new 737-900 for much less - similar capacity and range?

The capacity on the 757 is a bit higher as the cabin is a lot longer otherwise the range is pretty much the same if you do not include the 757-200ER. As a passenger I like the 757 a lot more just because of the wonderful noise from those RB211 last time I flew a 757 was in August this year in the fantastic Saga class of Iceland Air (The best airline in the world according to me).

Could be because two super rich players get very mad at each other and just bid as long as outbid by the other side  :P