Large scale slot bloking

Hello,

I was just checking an airline on Gatow when I stumbled upon 2 an airline operating over 200 PC-12s for cargo use and flying the same route over 4 times daily with these aircraft. Then I looked at the aircraft type and I saw on other airline operating over 350 PC-12s. I personally operate a couple of cargo airlines on different worlds and I could easily put in 10 daily 757 flights on some of those routes. I do also believe it is wrong to fly 10x daily ATRs but that can be discussed but flying 40x daily with a 10x smaller aircraft than the ATF is truly slot blocking. 

I have reported both airlines. and sent a ticket to support being ticket #8050.

Regards,
Christian

P.S If I would want to block slots for cargo I would use the LETs as they are cheaper and have a larger capacity.

You may report them but should not mention their names here at the Forum.

I am not mentioning their names here in the forum I am just showing a link. If they are proud of running their airlines this way why not showing how they run their airlines?

Though I have removed the links but just PM me and I will send you the links is you want to see.

Where ist the difference between "mentioning their names" and "showing a link". The result is the same.

The AS-Forum is not a public pillory.

You reported the airlines to the support and the support (together with the UAB) may judge whether the airlines are blocking slots or not.

If you are not playing on Gatow, why do you care?  You are not the airlinesim police, so if those of us that play Gatow don't have an issue with the airines in question, why should you?

@Ufsatp = Thanks

@CBE = I think you did not check the fleet list before blaming the players here.

One of the two airlines in question does not have all Pilatus in service. Most of them are still stored at the factory and do not use/need one single slot.

I am not playing on Quimby personally but I mentor and help some players on Gatow. Even if it does not affect me I believe this game should be fair and realistic in order please others. When I see a person doing something to destroy for others of course I act and as I do in real life I do in AS even if it is my duty or not. 

Though it is to my interest to stop slot blocking in general as it is destroying for me as well. I am fine with starting with small cheap aircraft before you have the money to invest into bigger aircraft but doing it deliberately to block slots is wrong.

You can like slot blocking if you want but I do not.

Though it is to my interest to stop slot blocking in general as it is destroying for me as well. 

If it is "destroying" for you, you need to rethink your business plan and role with the punches.  I have been able to thrive in Gatow with mulitple airlines, even with these "slot blocking" airlines "destroying" others.

And could we please stop waving the "realism" flag every time this subject comes up?  This is a game where every airline group has its own assembly line for every aircraft, where passengers care more about service and seat type than price, where airline loyalty is unheard of, where there are unlimited people available to fly aircraft, where pilots can be trained to fly a different aircraft in seconds instead of months, where there is no government interference, where a A330 is as good as an aircraft as a 789, where a 748 is a better aircraft than a A380, and where a 738 is a horrible aircraft.  

Yea, realistic indeed. :rolleyes:

If you are not playing on Gatow, why do you care? You are not the airlinesim police, so if those of us that play Gatow don't have an issue with the airines in question, why should you?

Where can I hit the dislike button?

on your forehead  -_-

Where can I hit the dislike button?

Oh no, don't tell me I have upset the other airlinesim police wannabe.....

As an aside, since some people on here decided to call the airline out as opposed to letting the process work, I sent the user in question a message about this thread. Hopefully he will come on here and defend himself to the airlinesim police imposters.

Interesting to see how whenever people bring up the ridiculous usage of multiples waves of small aircraft that keeps on being the one major problem ruining this game, the same one guy always comes in on a rampage. Someone hit a nerve?

Interesting to see how whenever people bring up the ridiculous usage of multiples waves of small aircraft that keeps on being the one major problem ruining this game, the same one guy always comes in on a rampage. Someone hit a nerve?

Nope, try again. My airlines are out there for anyone to check. It gets old listing to the same people complain about slot blocking all the time. It gets really old to see people who do not play in game worlds try to police them. It gets just stupid to listen to people complain about realism when this game is far from realistic.

There is a way to report a airline that is suspected of breaking the rules, calling them out on the forum is poor form. Let the real airlinesim team decied if they are, not the wannabes.

First, I don't know where the airline is based and how its network looks like. 

instead of saying "destroying" your airlines, the better thing to say is giving a chance to the new players. honestly, if an airline has a hub in a two or three bar, maybe four bar, airport and using "slot blocking" scheduling, i don't think that's a problem. but if someone is doing that in a mega airport, you may just block some new players surviving in game. routes between large airports make more easy profit routes. When i start my airline in AS, if FENCC01 was doing the same thing in CGK, SUB, and DPS, i don't think i will have a chance to survive. 

If players are keeping getting their airline bankrupt, i don't think they will continue to play this game, especially for new players. And most of the time, new players prefer to start at large and well-known airports.

think about the ethics before you start to run tons of mini planes in mega airports. 

on your forehead -_-

Oh thanks for letting me know, I actually believed it was on your sitting part -_-

Oh no, don't tell me I have upset the other airlinesim police wannabe.....

Better to be a wannabe than to be a severely undecisive person who cannot make up his own mind... you hit "like" on my post like what ... 2, 3 times? Then retracted, then liked again. So make up your mind, jajajaja

@Rickard You will not be able to succeed in anyway with P2P routes you will not even be able to fill a 787 from ARN-JFK if you do not have a larger feeder network and a good wave system.

@Revan Please keep the discussion constructive.

You have been told many times that Europe on an existing server is hard to play for a new player. It was your decision to choose ARN on an existing server. You should not complain and ask for regulations to support beginners here in AS. In nearly every second post here on the forum and in all tutorials it is lined out how to start.

I agree with the fact that AS is not beginners-friendly. But there are quite a lot of friendly players who support beginners with either cheap planes or with other helping hands. But this is not topic of this thread.

I also agree that people who do not play on a server should not complain here in public about either slot blocking or cheating or whatsever. Keep your own server clean and ask for either support from AS team or just let it be. There are many players on Gatow who can support and investigate.

Hey there,

I am one of the two operators of PC-12 Cargo Aircraft on GATOW with my enterprise Soul Teddy Cargo.

I find it funny how anything that is new or "off meta" is tried to literally be painted red without even trying to look for the mechanics behind it.

The Thing I found on GATOW is that there is no independent cargo airline. So I thought, why don't give it a try?

As far as I thought it through, cargo airliens are just based on interlinings. Basically they don't create their own HUB's, they just transfer cargo from other players HUB's and destinations which have a really high cargo demand.

I didn't want my cargo airline to be like that. I wanted to build my own independent and exclusive cargo network. I wanted to build my own cargo HUB's and connect them with HUB-streets (Large aircraft transporting big amounts of cargo from HUB to HUB. Basically that what cargo-airlines do with other people's HUB's). Problem is, that cargo demand is not really high for a new enterprise if all major cargo airports are already satisfied in their demand for cargo. So there is not even the slightest chance for a new airline to build a working HUB with ATR's. I spent hours checking aircraft and came to the conclusion that PC-12 cargo aircraft is worth a try. They have a cargo capacity of 13 CU, so fairly small but not too small (still more than Airbus A-319 & co which are in my opinion crucial for normal player's cargo HUB's.

So what I was doing was chosing some EMPTY airports and the 3 HUB's of my normal passenger airline, Seoul Teddy Airways which doesn't operate any aircraft with cargo capacity to feed my Global airline (Soul Teddy World) with cargo.

I also started a HUB at BKK where BTW a team member of AS, who has been inactive for more than 8 months is slotblocking more than 50% of all slots.

My intention was never slotblocking and will never be.

My only goal is to crate cargo-HUB's. My hub on ESB (a 4-bar airport) just got so big that I am operating lot's of ATR-72, B-737-7 and B767 with an internal cargo transfer rate of nearly 80% by using 2000 slots. I am operating 795 different routes with less than 400 aircraft. I put hours in this. And yes, some routes are just working if I operate it with PC-12 aircraft although I'd prefer ATR aircraft but they simply don't fill up. in 99% of all cases if I have more than 5 PC-12 operating on one route I'll add ATR's, but only then - because 4 PC-12 still have less or just about the same capacity than one ATR-42.

I'm trying something new here. My intention was never to block any slots and on all airports I have PC-12 operating I still have plenty of slots left. It's not like I went to the big airports and went like oh yeah, mmh. Let's destroy some airlines. Before I put the next PC-12 on one route I'll make sure I have a cargo booking rate of 100%.

I'm sad to hear that some people don't want to give people who try something different a chance. I just don't wanna be part of an existing cargo network. I wanna create my own. And that's really hard work. Really hard.

I attached an example of how I carefully I do my work. I hope the ones of you who may accused me or my way of handling my airline is slotblocking can think differently about it now.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Silen (speaking for Soul Teddy Cargo)

It seems you still have not understood how the game works, Rickwidd.

If you are looking for a game where you just can book flights with whatever planes etc., you might look for other games (which exist, perhaps not for PC but for tablets and smartphones - I could ask my son who is playing those kind of games). Everybody who ever started playing AS was a beginner with no clue and no idea. Ask the experienced players how long it took them to understand and learn the game, to find the right strategy and to become successful. Then you perhaps will learn and know that some of your assumptions do not work - as in other games also where you can wish to be the winner within 2 days which is not possible.

Coming back to slot blocking: when I started this game I also had no clue at all (and still have in some fields and topics no clue) but when I heard the first time about slot blocking I thought: why are people doing this? Why can't they just play in a fair way within the given rules? But it turned out that some players here have been cheating and playing not fair as in all other games which exist on our planet. Which is not fair and also not my style of playing. There are rules and ways to report these players exist. As Ufsatp is saying: why do people who are not playing on the specific server care about these companies in question? If there are other players who bother about these 2 companies they can report the companies.