Airlines starting to block slots

Just in a couple of hours there are, for example in Heathrow (Argos Air), companies with 25 LET 410 starting to block slots.

Is this what you want for the future?

You should not accuse a company directly. Use the report button and let AS Team decide if slot blocking is the case.

Well...is an operation strategy, i prefer start with airplane with good popolarity whilw he prefer the quantity vs quality...most probably because when start new server there si high demand but low offert

It's been reported. And yes, I accuse him/her in public. What he/she is doing is not good.

It's been reported. And yes, I accuse him/her in public. What he/she is doing is not good.

The forum is not the right place to accuse a company directly. See the Netiquette: http://community.airlinesim.aero/forum-18/announcement-1-netiquette-netiquette/

You can still discuss the general topic but you should avoid to name the company. My 2 cents here.

I agree that the LET and other prop abuse (the Chinese Avic II comes to mind) needs to be addressed. Some suggestions were already made through appropriate channels.

I simply find it wrong flying LETs from LHR to Belfast or DH4 from LHR to FRA, or a 50-seater AVOC-II, 25x daily from Osaka to Tokyo, on server start.

I agree that the LET and other prop abuse (the Chinese Avic II comes to mind) needs to be addressed. Some suggestions were already made through appropriate channels.

I simply find it wrong flying LETs from LHR to Belfast or DH4 from LHR to FRA, or a 50-seater AVOC-II, 25x daily from Osaka to Tokyo, on server start.

I agree, it is wrong.

The best way to address that would be to make it economically unviable (as it is in real life). Ie charge a landing and atc fee large enough to make it  unprofitable to fly there with a very small plane. In real life I do not see many ATRs or even E-jets in LHR, that is because it would not be profitable. I think the smallest planes I've seen there are A319s and B717s.

It is obvious that here there will be a slot-blocking. Whether the name is mentioned or not. A look at LHR enough to this determine.

The same guy did it with the same airline at the same airport on Quimby III already and got away with it - but the AS team already admitted that their support and report system was insufficient in the past and they promised to improve that now.

It is obvious that here there will be a slot-blocking. Whether the name is mentioned or not. A look at LHR enough to this determine.

I am not saying that slot blocking is the case or not - I just would like to remind you that public accusations here in the forum are not gentlemen-like. The airline is reported and now please let the team decide.

@ Highscores - Um Missverständnisse zu vermeiden in deutscher Sprache:

Es geht hier nicht darum, ob eine Slot-Blockierung vorliegt oder nicht. Die Frage stellt sich gar nicht, weil es offensichtlich ist. 

Ich glaube, dass es anmaßend ist, einen Benutzer als Benutzer zu maßregeln. Diese Aufgabe obliegt ausschließlich dem Team. 

Beispiel: Wenn ich schreibe: “ein bekannter Autohersteller aus München”, dann nur um den Namen BMW nicht zu nennen. Doch jeder weiß, dass der gemeint ist.

Was für ein Kasperletheater. Gleiches forderst Du von “lukasgv1”. Mit zwei Mausklicks weiß jeder welche Fluggesellschaft gemeint ist. 

Und wenn der Verstoß so offensichtlich ist, dann kann "lukasgv1" den Namen ruhig nennen. 

And now the likely worst translation of Google:

To avoid confusion in the German language:

It is not a question whether a slot-blocking is present or not. The question arises not because it is obvious.
I believe that it is presumptuous to discipline a user as the user. This object is for the team.

For example, if I write: "a well-known car manufacturers from Munich", then only the name BMW not to call. But everyone knows that is meant.
What a Punch and Judy show. You request the same of "lukasgv1". With two mouse clicks you know which airline is meant.
And if the breach is so obvious, then "lukasgv1" attribute the calm.

Hi,

I agree with this. This is really annoying. The same guy, who had like 75% of the Slots on PEK on Quimby III filled with LET and XIAN is now trying the same method on Quimby IV at a different airport. I'd really appreciate something like an anti-monopoly rule. I'm not against good competition, I'm in favor for a variety of airlines in one hub. But one guy blocking the growth of either local or foreign airlines in one hub is just unfair.

@ Highscores - Um Missverständnisse zu vermeiden in deutscher Sprache:

Es geht hier nicht darum, ob eine Slot-Blockierung vorliegt oder nicht. Die Frage stellt sich gar nicht, weil es offensichtlich ist. 

Ich glaube, dass es anmaßend ist, einen Benutzer als Benutzer zu maßregeln. Diese Aufgabe obliegt ausschließlich dem Team. 

Beispiel: Wenn ich schreibe: “ein bekannter Autohersteller aus München”, dann nur um den Namen BMW nicht zu nennen. Doch jeder weiß, dass der gemeint ist.

Was für ein Kasperletheater. Gleiches forderst Du von “lukasgv1”. Mit zwei Mausklicks weiß jeder welche Fluggesellschaft gemeint ist. 

Und wenn der Verstoß so offensichtlich ist, dann kann "lukasgv1" den Namen ruhig nennen. 

And now the likely worst translation of Google:

To avoid confusion in the German language:

It is not a question whether a slot-blocking is present or not. The question arises not because it is obvious.
I believe that it is presumptuous to discipline a user as the user. This object is for the team.

For example, if I write: "a well-known car manufacturers from Munich", then only the name BMW not to call. But everyone knows that is meant.
What a Punch and Judy show. You request the same of "lukasgv1". With two mouse clicks you know which airline is meant.
And if the breach is so obvious, then "lukasgv1" attribute the calm.

Warum hat das AS Team denn nicht auf Quimby III reagiert? Die Definition bzw. der Sachverhalt des Slot Blockings obliegt doch den Machern von AS. Es gibt Regeln, nach denen entschieden wird, ob ein "Vergehen" vorliegt oder nicht. Das kann kein Spieler entscheiden, richtig? Dafür gibt es die Spielleiter - und die werden hoffentlich hier nicht die Augen zumachen wie auf Quimby III.

Es gibt auch für dieses Forum gewisse Regeln, und dazu gehört, dass nicht über einen Spieler hergefallen wird. Egal, was er gemacht hat.

Dass hier im Forum das Thema Slot Blocking diskutiert wird und die allermeisten Spieler, die hier posten, slot blocking nicht gutheissen, das steht ausser Frage. Also kann und sollte dafür plädiert werden, dass dieses unfaire Spiel verhindert wird. Dazu gibt es diverse Vorschläge, auch hier ist es am AS Team, dies umzusetzen oder andere Wege zu finden, wie dies verhindert werden kann. Solange es Lücken im Geflecht gibt (ist wie im realen Leben, z.B. im Steuerrecht), werden immer Spieler diese Lücken ausnützen. An vielen Stellen ist, soweit ich das mitbekommen habe, viel passiert, um unfaires Spielen zu verhindern. Hoffentlich gehört Slot Blocking auch bald der Vergangenheit an.

Why did team  not act in Quimby III? The definition and the facts for slot blockings is in the hand of the creators of AS. There are rules defining if it is an "offense" or not. No player can decide this, right? There is the game masters - and hopefully they will not close their eyes as on Quimby III.

There exist also for this forum certain rules, and these include no offense against other players. No matter what he did.

Slot blocking is discussed here in the forum and the vast majority of players who post here do not accept slot blocking - that is beyond question. So everybody can and should argue that this unfair behaviour is prevented. Various proposals exist what could be done. Now it is again in the responsibility of AS team to implement it or to find other ways in which this can be prevented. As long as there are gaps in the network (as in real life, for example in tax laws), players will always exploit these vulnerabilities. In many places, as far as I’ve noticed that, much has happened in order to prevent unfair play. Let’s hope that slot blocking is also soon forbidden.

I don't care anything about "gentlemen-like" while he/she is making what he/she want.

1.019 departures the first day... don't bug me!

"Argos Air" is blocking slots in LHR. 

Now say what you want... I just hope that the AS team won't let these kind of "players" to ruin the game.

Crying will not solve the problem... But do whatever you want.

wrong thread

@ highscore said:

Warum hat das AS Team denn nicht auf Quimby III reagiert? Die Definition bzw. der Sachverhalt des Slot Blockings obliegt doch den Machern von AS. Es gibt Regeln, nach denen entschieden wird, ob ein “Vergehen” vorliegt oder nicht. Das kann kein Spieler entscheiden, richtig? Dafür gibt es die Spielleiter - und die werden hoffentlich hier nicht die Augen zumachen wie auf Quimby III.

Es gibt auch für dieses Forum gewisse Regeln, und dazu gehört, dass nicht über einen Spieler hergefallen wird. Egal, was er gemacht hat.

Dass hier im Forum das Thema Slot Blocking diskutiert wird und die allermeisten Spieler, die hier posten, slot blocking nicht gutheissen, das steht ausser Frage. Also kann und sollte dafür plädiert werden, dass dieses unfaire Spiel verhindert wird. Dazu gibt es diverse Vorschläge, auch hier ist es am AS Team, dies umzusetzen oder andere Wege zu finden, wie dies verhindert werden kann. Solange es Lücken im Geflecht gibt (ist wie im realen Leben, z.B. im Steuerrecht), werden immer Spieler diese Lücken ausnützen. An vielen Stellen ist, soweit ich das mitbekommen habe, viel passiert, um unfaires Spielen zu verhindern. Hoffentlich gehört Slot Blocking auch bald der Vergangenheit an.

Why did team  not act in Quimby III? The definition and the facts for slot blockings is in the hand of the creators of AS. There are rules defining if it is an "offense" or not. No player can decide this, right? There is the game masters - and hopefully they will not close their eyes as on Quimby III.

There exist also for this forum certain rules, and these include no offense against other players. No matter what he did.

Slot blocking is discussed here in the forum and the vast majority of players who post here do not accept slot blocking - that is beyond question. So everybody can and should argue that this unfair behaviour is prevented. Various proposals exist what could be done. Now it is again in the responsibility of AS team to implement it or to find other ways in which this can be prevented. As long as there are gaps in the network (as in real life, for example in tax laws), players will always exploit these vulnerabilities. In many places, as far as I’ve noticed that, much has happened in order to prevent unfair play. Let’s hope that slot blocking is also soon forbidden.

Das sehe ich genau so!

That is how I see it too!

@ highscore said:

(...)

To say that he/she is blocking slots is not an offense, is a true. 

I repeat it again: IT IS AN OFFENSE TO ACCUSE SOMEONE IN PUBLIC.

Did you now understand what I am saying? Let AS team decide and react! It is not you who can do anything! So stop to be offensive by crying that someone is cheating! It seems you cannot loose - this guy has found a system to beat everybody. There is no point to complain about him. Post your complains to AS - they should close the gap in the game to prevent this.

To say that he/she is blocking slots is not an offense, is a true. 

No, it is an accusation.    In your opinion he/she is slot blocking, however it is up to the team to make a decision on the truth.