Rescue Criteria

Can anyone explain me the criteria used to save Airlines from going bankrupt?

The criteria for a rescue loan? To be honest: I don't know. I have seen very small and very big companies rescued by a rescue loan but I also know of some huge companies going down without this rescue loan. In any case: rescue loans are given only three times in a row, after third time: game over.

Rescue loan is granted when you finish a week with negative balance. Meaning that you can  not pay your staff or your flights fly with in loss. AS will grant you a rescue loan to be able to pay your staff and all negative balance but the interest is pretty high (I think it is 5x standard unsecured interest). If you are not able to pay your leases then the aircraft will simply be returned and you will get your deposit back.

To simplify:

When you are not able to pay your staff you will get a loan with high interest which you will have to pay back, but for other expenses you will not get this loan.

Only, and only when, your company has been operating and generating revenue, and has future scheduled flights. A non operating company will not get a rescue loan. We have seen that.

And this means a holding without any flights won’t get a loan even if it has a fully operating subsidiary: it and the sub will get liquidated.