Minor Suggestions

Hello,

I was hoping that AS would consider adding the ability to save a FP for future use. This would allow players to save a profitable FP to reassign to another aircraft on a later date. This would also allow players to easily transfer FPs across different aircraft without having to delete the FP of another aircraft in the player's fleet.

Also, as someone who works with IL partners to secure profitable connections, it would be helpful if I had a feed of some sort that displayed new routes and connections added by my partners.

Thank you

You can currently transfer the flight plan, see picture below. This works best if you are transferring among a similar category / speed aircraft such as B737 to A320.

Also please note that on Quimby, with dynamic turnaround times, flight plan may cause delays when transferred from smaller to a larger aircraft.

About saving the flight plan:

This would not work well, because once flight plan is set for the aircraft, it locks the slots at the origin and destination airport. If you have a flight plan saved and try to apply in in the future for the aircraft you receive, the slots may no longer be available and such a flight plan would be of no good to you.

But that doesn't help you if you want to switch plans between two planes.

As for slots becoming unavailable, how's that different from transferring to an airplane with a different cruise speed/turnaround time? So some flights will become red and you'll need to manually fix them, big deal. Still better than having to create the entire plan from scratch. I can actually see myself using this feature a lot.

Bingo, Bobb!

In order for me to transfer FPs from one aircraft to the other, I have to delete one of the aircraft's FP entirely before transferring, forgetting what I had set in the first place.

No, you don't need to delete a flight plan for a simple transfer.

As Rubiohiguey2000 showed above, you can transfer the whole FP at once.

And by opening up two browser windows, you could still "keep" your old flight plan for reference while you set it up again in another window.

And by opening up two browser windows, you could still "keep" your old flight plan for reference while you set it up again in another window.

That's what I always do

What I’d LOVE to have is a feature which allows me to copy/duplicate a FP to assign it to a 2nd aircraft - with a selectable time offset (24/48/72 hours or such)

This is important if you have a FP with weekly flights but don’t want to assign each and every flight one after the other.

What I'd LOVE to have is a feature which allows me to copy/duplicate a FP to assign it to a 2nd aircraft - with a selectable time offset (24/48/72 hours or such)

This is important if you have a FP with weekly flights but don’t want to assign each and every flight one after the other.

How would the flight numbers be picked/assigned?

Martin, hows about next flight? ie. if we choose MY 3701, we can set it to automatically choose MY 3702 at the same turnaround in a similar fashion to a via flight, this could be unlimited

If I schedule aircraft A with 24 flights (flightnumbers 1-24), with each number only flown once a week, shouldn’t it be possible to duplicate the schedule for aircraft B, keeping both times and numbers, while simply setting everything to a +1 day offset?

So while A is on the monday flight,B would be on the tuesday.

Right now I have to select all 24 numbers used on A and assign them manually one by one to B for a different day.

I would suggest: same flight number groups and search for each flight for the next free flight number. If necessary, flight numbers could be reassigned anyway, so it shouldn't be really a big deal (compared to creating the whole schedule again, just shifted by some time offset)

If I schedule aircraft A with 24 flights (flightnumbers 1-24), with each number only flown once a week, shouldn't it be possible to duplicate the schedule for aircraft B, keeping both times and numbers, while simply setting everything to a +1 day offset?

So while A is on the monday flight,B would be on the tuesday.

Right now I have to select all 24 numbers used on A and assign them manually one by one to B for a different day.

What I have in mind would be:

…a “duplicate” button added to the “transfer flight plan” menue.

With this button checked, I’d be prompted to define the offset (-3 to +3 days).

The system would then check whether the numbers are still available at the selected offset.

Example:

Duplicate A to B by +1 day offset as already mentioned. If I now would want to duplicate B to C with a -1 day offset, the check would be negative, blocking my try (as A is already at this offset)

My general aim is to easily schedule daily flights with seven different aircraft on one number.

The “deluxe” upgrade of the “transfer flight plan” menue would include the ability to check/uncheck flight by flight. Often enough there’s maybe 12 flights out of 24 I’d want to upgrade from A319 to 321, while I’d want to keep the other 12 as is.

I’d say the offset should be definable in hours. So if I have a schedule with waves, I could select to offset the same by 6/8/12 hours, while for the long haul fleet I would choose 24 hours (that should equal then to a day’s offset, I.e. From Monday to Tuesday).

I'd say the offset should be definable in hours. So if I have a schedule with waves, I could select to offset the same by 6/8/12 hours, while for the long haul fleet I would choose 24 hours (that should equal then to a day's offset, I.e. From Monday to Tuesday).

If you'd offset in <24h then of course some system of finding flight numbers is in order. At first I didn't know at what Martin's question was aiming at as I always had offsets in days in mind - where flight numbers should be no problem.

Thinking about <24h offsetting I have some worries concerning two major problems AS is facing:

Slot blocking and abusing the demand distribution.

I mean, by offsetting for hours, I can flood an airport with flights in no time.

And I can quickly switch from one 440 seat flight into four 110 seat flights for example.

Could be I’m seeing more problems then necessary, so I’d gladly take both options.

I definitely need such 24/48/72h offset with identical flight numbers. Would save me from some 10,000 clicks.

I will try to get some of the guys that played AWS to post how it works in AWS, I remember the feature there allowed for quick duplication for 7-day scheduling, though it was a long time I played that and I do not remember exactly how that worked (sequence of steps).

No, you don't need to delete a flight plan for a simple transfer.

As Rubiohiguey2000 showed above, you can transfer the whole FP at once.

That doesn't help me if I want to transfer FPs between two aircraft which already have FPs. 

Opening another tab on the browser is exactly what I'd like to avoid. Using it as a reference is great, but having it saved and inserted for you is even better. No?

Using it as a reference is great, but having it saved and inserted for you is even better. No?

Of course a saved flight plan template would be better than a second browser window for reference.

To give you a solution to the exact question you posted: you can still recreate the flight plan using the browser reference when switching flight plans between two aircraft. You delete flight plan on one but keep the browser reference, transfer the second one to the first one, and then go into second one and get listed the flights from the unassigned flight numbers list.

In the past, I've just deleted my unused flight numbers, then erased the schedule of one of aircraft. Then you can transfer a schedule from another plane to the newly erased aircraft, and recreate the schedule using the existing flight numbers function with only the "unscheduled flight numbers" filter active.  The only flight numbers that show up using that filter were the ones from the erased schedule, and they retain their departure times.

But I'd love to see a function to offset a schedule by a day.  I schedule most of my longhaul flights in a rotation using seven aircraft, because an odd number of days in a schedule cycle is a pain when trying to make sure your flights happen daily.

But I'd love to see a function to offset a schedule by a day.  I schedule most of my longhaul flights in a rotation using seven aircraft, because an odd number of days in a schedule cycle is a pain when trying to make sure your flights happen daily.

An optional 7/14 day schedule would be best.

A Minor Suggestion?

Increase the production rate of the LET410 from the actual 6 (six?) to something more real

That way we could decrease the problems with slot blocking

L-410 is a turboprop designed in late 60ties of the last century in Let Kunovice, Czech Republic. The aircraft is still in production – even the production rate is around 10 a year and the company survived several owners and bankrupts. This is a unofficial site supported by folks having deep knowledge of L-410 from many perpectives – not just a pilot´s or photographer´s.  

(http://www.l410.cz/wp/about)