Oh yes, Ive seen airlines based out of Manston (1 bar in the UK 45min connection time) and london city, basel, milan linate etc etc its a fantastic way to beat the bigger airlines.
4 issues for me though:
1) Low AGEX use to cripple me when I had an airline based out of a smaller airport as you dont have the O&D to cover some of the loss and PAX use direct routes. Base yourself out of a 8/9/10 bar airport you never get that issue.
2) Prices, you have to maintain a slightly lower price than you could otherwise do to get the ORS rating to max which eats into profits.
3) Smaller airports have less slots, so less chances of expanding and if you are based in a large market like USA, Europe, China etc, another player can just eat up your slots once you become a threat.
4) I always end up moving over to a bigger airport when the time comes.
EireannMember Since 18.11.2012
Offline Last Active Today, 04:55
- Group Members
- Active Posts 274
- Profile Views 2435
- Member Title First Officer
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown