Actually , pax traffic unreal low

I have flight PDX-IAD-PDX. Only one airline flying here , one flight per day .... 45-48 pax per day . This is US flight between the capitol of country and biggest industrial city in Oregon...   In real live United Airlines have B-737-900 daily sold out flight and 29 other options with 1 and 2 stops. I living at this area and I KNOW WHAT I SAYING. I am sure same picture going on on other routes in this game . No surprises that pure new game is refilled with 33% of players ...

Couple month ago , somebody from team administration ask us : " How we can improve the game ? " . Guys ? just make it closer to real world - Everybody will like it. It is a lot of work ....

Description of Riem: Advanced Game World: Reduced traffic demand.

Well, United is not filling that 739 with just nonstop O/D between IAD and PDX. Also how many other connections are there in the ORS if you run IAD to PDX? It will be probably thousands. All these connections get share of IAD to PDX O/D demand. But only part of that demand will be awarded to your airline.

And least but not last, as highscore mentioned, Riem is an advanced game world with substantially reduced demand. So you are getting a share of even smaller pie than on other game worlds. Maybe try your luck on Aspern.

Don't come to Aspern. IAD is already pretty full, only 15% slots left.

Searching on Aspern for a direct flight, ORS shows clearly - none. So perhaps the demand is not enough neither on Aspern nor on Riem.

EDIT: please disregard my comment; TO wants to fly from Portland to Washington, this would be possibe as slots in PDX are not the problem. Still, there is no direct flight (and also not in other worlds).

I have flight PDX-IAD-PDX. Only one airline flying here , one flight per day .... 45-48 pax per day . This is US flight between the capitol of country and biggest industrial city in Oregon...   In real live United Airlines have B-737-900 daily sold out flight and 29 other options with 1 and 2 stops. I living at this area and I KNOW WHAT I SAYING. I am sure same picture going on on other routes in this game . No surprises that pure new game is refilled with 33% of players ...

Couple month ago , somebody from team administration ask us : " How we can improve the game ? " . Guys ? just make it closer to real world - Everybody will like it. It is a lot of work ....

alex, obviously you don't get the real picture. RIEM is the gameworld which is closest to real world, because demand is realistically set and profits are not ridiculously high as in other game worlds. Just because you talk about real world.

Your statement with regard to demand is explained in previous posts. I assume you have just started your airline and this route, so your airline has absolutely NO name, NO connections, NO brand image, simply nothing! So why should anyone choose to fly with you? It's the same in real world. If you start building all these things, you will get passengers on this specific route.

People always want a gameworld "like real" and complain about missing passengers and so on. But what they really want is a gameworld where every shitty strategy leads to full planes and high profits from day one. No, life's not that easy.

Riem's info page shows 94,696,254 pax weekly (and it is less than in other worlds, I know). It's 4,9 billion anually. Not bad, according to Airports Council International was this number 6.7 billion in 2014 worldwide.

So the key word must be “distribution”, not “demand”. Reduced demand doesn’t solve anything, if distribution remains so unreal.

While I fully agree with your last sentence (demand vs distribution), my understanding is that the word "reduced" means in comparison to other game worlds - not the "reality". This is how I always have understood the information text.

The real world has - from an economic standpoint - limited capacity for airlines. In the real world, every now and then, new airlines are born. These airlines serve a niche as long as they don't have the funds to operate large aircraft. They may be well known by locals, but they won't easily get connecting passengers from other airlines. 

If the OP wants to serve PDX-IAD-PDX, he should use a smaller aircraft to achieve a good SLF. That is realistic.

Riem is up for one year now. Wanting an airline of the size of United Airlines - to use his example in comparison - is highly unrealistic.

Guys ? Does somebody had a look before talking about to use smaller aircraft on the route PDX-IAD -PDX ? It is already aircraft with configuration 72 shorthaul recliners as coach seats and 8 full bed seats in business class , with full meal service - what could be better for this route?! . By the way , my airline is not new , with triple AAA rating....and  load factor on this route is 15/6 and 20-22/8 on every direction... I agree with "no connections " for this flight because PDX is not my hub , but 15-22 pax for non-stop flight for single AAA airline with high grade service , with no competition - it is unreal number.

route PDX - IAD

Found a total of 61,697 connections (not counting full flights)

not a single inbound or outbound connection at IAD, no other flights at PDX.

so really only going for OD demand, competing against 61697 still available alternatives....

is the demand distribution system perfect? oh, that's a new one. we should really discuss that.... for the... probably even more threads about that than alternative connections to your flight

One non-stop flights between the capitol of country and biggest industrial center of state/with high profile of service , with comfort configuration , with no competition from other airlines/...72 seats of Airbus-319 have to be refilled at least 80% /56 passengers/ but not barely 25 . You can tell me what ever you imaging - it is not reduced demand - it is no demand at this game . But , you know , this problem does not touch people anymore...people just leaving game...

One non-stop flights between the capitol of country and biggest industrial center of state/with high profile of service , with comfort configuration , with no competition from other airlines/...72 seats of Airbus-319 have to be refilled at least 80% /56 passengers/ but not barely 25 . You can tell me what ever you imaging - it is not reduced demand - it is no demand at this game . But , you know , this problem does not touch people anymore...people just leaving game...

Well... I guess member numbers show differently.

Stop whining, start to be a real manager!

If only the airline developed a proper hub at either PDX or IAD, I am pretty sure the route would be a gold mine. 

Looking at how scatter the network, and with US interline partners mostly have network in midst of the continent,

I don't see where the route could be fed at either end. With now total 80,000 connection to choose from, well..

it's lucky that you still have 25 pax who prefer nonstop in commercial plane, bet the rest fly private charter I guess.