best start

should i forumalte ground service contract with other providers???

AirlineSim standard handling allows for a variable number of passengers or cargo, while signing a contract is for a specific number. Standard passenger handling provides two bars for the terminal portion of a flight’s image rating. Pricing is $11/passenger or $25/unit of cargo. Handling only applies to the departing passengers, not arriving.

If you’ve got specific flights which are consistently full, and the terminal rating is better than one star, and the asking price is cheaper than $11 or $25, then go for it. You can assign a contract to a specific flight number or to all flight numbers on a given route. Passengers or cargo above the contracted amount will be charged the standard rates, and you’ll get a message saying that your existing contract has been overbooked. You can then sign another contract for the excess, or ignore the warning, but you can’t increase the units handled in an existing contract. (if you own the terminal, you can expand your terminal - subject to available lots - or allocate more capacity to your flights as you please.)

Edit: AS handling is two bars, not one.

i am currently pushing all my aircrafts to their limit in schedule but i dont get enough profits to catch up with leasing costs this way i will keep losing money until i become bankrupt!!

You are not the only one to deal with such problems. I fear that one of my airlines is also on the brink of collapse regardless of the fact that the airline is running better than last week ;-)

how do i get return on equity up currently its fully red

should i start my own terminal?

No. Terminals are only interesting after you have accumulated a few hundred million $AS and only then if you can't think of anything else to do with the money. My tip - start at an airport with 6 bars, but not the biggest in the country, start with leased modern turboprops, build up a network with a handful of destinations.  Oh, and turn off the "beginners" settings - manage the seating and pilot recruitment yourself.

how do i get return on equity up currently its fully red

RoE = profit/equity, so you'd need to increase your net profit. Either by reducing your costs, or increasing your revenues.

umm. another problem came up, now i started off well with nice profits but now the salaries and leasing costs have been deducted i lost more than i profited from them... how can that be fixed... my rating went from AA to BBB

Yes, keep your eye on these, they hit you a week after you started up :blink:  You need to make enough profit to cover these, you can expect these items together to be around 30% of your costs every week.  Right now fuel is expensive, so you need to increase your seat prices to make any profit, especially with small aircraft.

Only if you are a very large airline with a main hub-and at a high demand airport

In most cases it's not worth the money

should i start my own terminal?

Not if you have just started but when you become big investing in a terminal is a good idea because it boosts your ORS rating and it reduces your passenger handling costs. If you don't own a terminal or a service contract with someone who does, you get charged 11As$ per passenger and the AS terminal is 3 stars, no jetways. So if you were to build a terminal make in 5 stars with jetways

Terminals are not a very efficient use of funds for a starting player.

The cost for creating a terminal even with a small capacity say 3,000 passengers a week is over 3 million. 3000 sounds like a lot of passengers, but a single small regional turboprop such as a Q400 flying 3 round trips a day will fly more than 3000 pax a week. (Preceding example assumes standard seats and 6 flights/day for 7 days. Also keep in mind it is 3000 passengers in either direction so only about 1500 would be handled by your terminal unless you had terminals at both locations)

The amount of money this saves you doesnt come close to the amount you could be making by purchasing additional aircraft.

In summary terminals are effective for players who are:

1. happy with their current network and wish to focus on increased margins for their existing routes rather than expansion (They may be doing some of both if they have the cash).

2. they wish to increase their ORS rating on a particular route, possibly due to compeition. (This still isnt the most cost effective way to do this)

3. Some other reason I cant think of :wink: