New aircraft types, better performance, more dynamics

My apologies, that is indeed what that was supposed to say. ;)

i pressed on the "plus" under your post and doing this, i realized that it would be great to see who switched plus and who minus under each comment. This would make the rating system much more honest. just an idea …

Thanks for explenations!

Just to make sure, the older servers will be getting the newer planes as well but after testing on the new one, is that correct.

Yes - that’s what we planed.

Sounds very good and interesting!

But with regard to the new server:

• What about the ridiculous amount of slots on certain airports?

• What about the extremly high traffic demand compared to real life?

• What about the restricted night bans in e.g. London Heathrow, Amsterdam?

Don’t waste the huge chance on correcting real life issues on a new server! Once the server is established, you won’t have the possibility to correct it…

n.b. that’s what i’ve said months ago in private conversations with ‘sk’ as well

wowowo, caaaalm down, buddy!

A new a/c performance system is the most important for the first moment.

What you demand there would mean an entire change of the game’s logics. No one really wants this at the moment, I would say!!

Same for you please, Julstar! There is no reason to offending others.

@voeni The slots will be cut back!

No worries, I’m pretty calm. The difference is, that a new a/c performance system could be implemented as an update on existing servers. Slots, flying restrictions or demand cannot be updated on existing servers, that’s why I’ve said, they should not miss the chance when opening a new server.

@Ronaldo: Thanks for the answer!

When I ask a member friendly to calm down, it’s "an offense"?!?! So you ask me the same?! ggg … But no worries. I don’t see your friendly comment as an offense!

Well, I see your point with the window of opportunities, introducing a new server.

But what you demand is on the one hand - as I said - a major change to the whole system, so there is firstly no wide consense for something like this, and if there would be: It would take months to implement something like this.

On the other hand, I see your assesment as too simple and non-reflected. I complained in many posts here that certain demands - especially in smaller airports - are far to low. So seeing you asking for lower pax demands sounds just very contraproductive at all to me! …

That’s my point in a more nuanced fashion.

I think (although I have not made a survey) that there is wide consensus for more realism.

And with regard to demand in general (not at specific airports): Just compare real life pax numbers with AS pax numbers and you’ll know what I mean (although I do know that the"real" problem of high transfer volume in the game drives the numbers up).

Changes sound good and make the game more realistic, but (there has to be a but ;)):

• AGEX adds a more dynamic economic environment, but you say as well that big Airlines are to static to adjust, so implementing this feature to existing game worlds will most proüably lead to a loss of all big airlines in those worlds and hence to a maybe loss of players. Don’t get me wrong I think the step to AGEX is right, but in the same step there needs to be an additional help to make it easier for large airlines to adept (if I say large I mean airlines 100+ there it already starts)

• I still highly recommend to make traffic flows more transparent. As an real life airline employee, who’s daily work has to do with this kind of steering, I now how big data packages in real life are and this is kinda impossible on a detail level for AS. But this would make it also more easier to steer an airline and maybe there is a technical way (I am happy to assit if any questions or possibilities rise)

• Once more I feel that we add another component on the Cost side of the game, where as the revenue side is still limited to Tickets and Cargo. Furthermore it is kind of impossible to work on the cost side. As a company you have no chance to control costs (except salaries and to some extend Maintenance). Some ideas would be a simple fuel hedging system, Catering for Sale, Savings in Airport fees for transferpax and some more

But overall I agree with your changes and highly recommend to stick to them despite some negative feedback here.

Good job and keep on.

I’m really interested in this system. Can you tell appr. how much span this will add to the traffic situation?! I mean like 2 or 5%?! … It’s good to add reality to the game, but something like a 9/11 every 6 to 12 months would also be not so nice, right?!

Looking forward to seeing this all implemented, should make for a much more strategic game.

@lacisoft

If they’ve correctly updated the DH4 you might be seeing more on longer routes because it’s cruise speed is Actually 75kmh faster!

Hi

i see it in the same way like MxM. It will be a good change, but if i think at the changes i will must do to change somethink. At the moment i have a 600+ airline. To adjust them it wil take a really huge amount of time.

A few month ago i wrote a article about an aircraft-pool. So that the aircraft not directly binded to the route and that it is easier to change aircrafts.

Cheers from down under

julia

In my eyes, introducing the flexible traffic demand system is a great idea, as managing a large airline will become much more difficult and challenging in the future. If you are not able to adjust a fleet of 500, 1000 or more aircrafts, you may have to reduce your fleet. Many AS-players seem to believe, that steadily expansion is the only way of managing an airline.

It’s complicated to handle an airline even if you have 100 aircrafts…

I agree. I just about make enough time to adjust prices to meet demand.

Perhaps the AGEX would fluctuate once a fortnight?

I can’t imagine how airlines like your’s can adjust slots since basically all the slots are full at all time… must be a pain to schedule a daily flight

and with the intro of AGEX we probably have to spent even more time adjusting, and airlines base on Mega airports like DXB and LAX is going to have a terrible time managing their routes…

Well, with AGEX it may take some time to adjust to the given situation but keep in mind that it won’t be as easy as before to build up monster airlines with thousands of aircrafts because you may not have the time to adjust every single route. This leads also to a positiv effect on the slot situation as bigger airlines will have to adapt with cutting routes and decrease aircraft numbers to become more flexible. Existing airlines will get a economical advantage as they are more flexible in fact. It will become more and more important not only to generate profit by the sheer amount of offered seats and a high number of frequencys but to have a well optimized network that can be adapted to a change in demand very quickly.