Quimby XV is live!

Hi everyone!

Time flies, doesn’t it? Well, it does for Quimby, which is starting into its 15th iteration today!
Click here to start playing now!

The server comes with current aircraft, a selection of used machines, nighttime bans as well as double slots. To celebrate the occasion, we’re also adding a credit discount voucher of 15%!

For further details, check out our new blog post:

English: AirlineSim Blog — Quimby XV: Releasing with used aircraft & a 15% discount voucher! — AirlineSim
German: AirlineSim Blog — Quimby XV: Neue Spielwelt mit Gebrauchtmaschinen & 15%-Rabattcode! — AirlineSim

We hope you enjoy the new server – let us know what you think!

It has been a long time since the last time I played Airlinesim. How many credits does it cost to play Quimby XV?

Thank you.

The regular 4 Credits for short-term game worlds.

Hello, support team! I just discovered something odd. An airline in my vicinity has approximately 1,000 more passengers than it has offered seats so far… (since we’re only in week 2, it’s kinda easy to calculate, I guess).
Curious, I looked at a few other info pages and discovered another airline (on a different continent) that shows the same phenomenon.

It’s particularly odd because one could argue that maybe there is a lag in one of the two data streams, for whatever reason, but that doesn’t seem to be the case since I also saw an airline that has exactly 100% load factor (the numbers add up precisely).

How is this possible? Has this happened before? I’d like to know the trick of how to sell more seats than I’m offering. :grin:

Can you tell me which statistics you’re looking at, specifically? So which pages in the game?

I am seeing the same numbers on the statistics page (total passengers) and on the airline page, and then I checked the “Facts and Figures” to look at the number of offered seats to get an idea of their LF.

Is that what you meant or did you mean the exact airline page?

That would help as well :slight_smile:

Of course, I just wasn’t sure whether I should name specific airlines here.

These were the ones I mentioned:

In both cases the discrepancy is smaller today, in the latter case it’s only 2 PAX at this moment, and in the first case the actual number is now slightly higher, but as you can see in the attached screenshots (with timestamp), it was different before (about 600 more PAX than offered seats).

Hi!
I don’t know whether it’s going to help or not. But I guess it happened due to different calculation of statistic page and the fact and figures page.

I just started an airline two days ago. And I have been watching the progress all the time. At one moment, I saw that my airline has flown 1,300 pax on statistic page. But only showed 800 pax flown and about 900 seats offered on the fact and figures page. At that time, five planes were just flying.

I assume, statistic page calculated the number of pax the moment it flies. But the fact and figures page calculated the number of pax, after it lands.

At night, when none of my aircraft is flying, the statistic page and the fact and figures page showed similar number.

I noticed that oddity too, yesterday. And because the gap of the airline you mentioned is getting narrowed, I assume my conclusion is correct. (But I could be wrong, though!)

The statistics on the airline info page are simple accumulated values that get updated whenever a flight starts.

The more detailed stats are the aggregate of detailed statistics data, captured at the end of a flight.

So this likely explains the discrepancy.

I see. Well, that makes sense, yeah. Thank you for checking that!

Since you’re already here, would you mind responding to another question that has been bugging me (not for the first time either): Why do some flights not show up in the ORS (even when I can reasonably assume that they are getting transfer PAX in that connection)? I just don’t get it - for instance, there’s a route that I fly 4 times a day, connecting with all other flights, but some airports simply don’t show up, although I’m almost certain that PAX are connecting.

Oh, and it’s definitely not for any geographical reasons or so - it’s an almost perfect elongation, i.e., going from north to south, and then southwest. It’s also not due to price, or quality.

So why doesn’t it show up? I’ve seen this question on this forum before, but no recent post with an answer.

EDIT: Since you’re probably going to ask me about specifics, here’s the main route that made me curious: CDG-ALG-CMN (hub is ALG).

What are the others? After a brief look (at Algiers Airways, right?) this one should work. So ad hoc, I can’t tell you why it doesn’t show up. But maybe I can figure out a pattern when seeing the others.

There seem to be quite a few, actually.
May I send you an email instead of posting this here? (And yes, Algiers Airways)

You can always send an email to support@airlinesim.aero :slight_smile:

Ich habe jetzt eine Mail an die deutsche Mail-Adresse geschrieben. Danke schon mal, dass ihr euch der Sache annehmt :slight_smile:

Martin, did you guys see my email? :slight_smile:

Hey, sorry for the wait - I’m looking into it :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

1 Like