ORS Rating 99?

Greetings

In several topics I have read, players have mentioned achieving and maintaining a +90 ORS to be able to compete against other airlines. Some others have talked about reaching above 98. What are your suggestions to reaching this level of service?

Offer great service at the exact prices. I have an ORS of 99 on every flight but I have also spent years perfecting my strategy which have turned out in pages of spreadsheets so that I will not forget. Anyways I have so far only shared my strategy with few players and only with players who have themselves done similar research and developed a similar if not identical strategy. 

Basically try to reach as high as you can in every product and image factor but remember to never go overkill so if you reach 5 green bars then do not go higher. Then steadily experiment with prices (higher or lower by one or two percent every time) and then annalyse your results and you will find the perfect percentage. Or read the forums carefully and the strategies of some players have been leaked.

I would like to point out that it should not be your goal to make the ors rating but to max profits. it is quite possible to do that with a lower rating.

Thank you.

The category that seems to let me down the most is seat pitch.

For economy seats on short-haul flights increasing the extra pitch function only yields 2 green bars, and this occurs with Comfort seats, should I rather use Recliner Shorthaul?

Any suggestions?

I would like to point out that it should not be your goal to make the ors rating but to max profits. it is quite possible to do that with a lower rating.

Does that apply when competing with other players as well? 

Thank you.

The category that seems to let me down the most is seat pitch.

For economy seats on short-haul flights increasing the extra pitch function only yields 2 green bars, and this occurs with Comfort seats, should I rather use Recliner Shorthaul?

Any suggestions?

I always use atleast recliner shorthaul for Economy and seat pitch is only an image factor and even if you only get three green bars you can still compensate with getting more green bars in other image factors.

Does that apply when competing with other players as well? 

Yes and No. With higher profits you can get more aircraft and offer more connections but if you do not take connections into account an airline with 10 more ORS can steal much of your direct passengers on an individual route. Even with 99 ORS rating I still have a profit margin of over 40% on a 800 km flight with 90% loads. Leasing rates are also important which is why I either lease aircraft from AS with the minimum rate or I negotiate contracts with private lessors. Being a larger airline makes you an important customer for private lessors and some would even order aircraft specifically for you if you request it.

the answer is a YES. let’s make a drastic example:

youcan sell 100 tickets for 1$ or 1 ticket for 1000$… what should you do?

it is always about maximizing profits. I just want to point out that achieving max ORS rating or even a 100% SLF does not automatically mean you are maximizing profits.

Thank you again for all your input  :D

@yukawa - you are right, of course having 99 ORS is not the holy grail, unless you know "what to do" with that 99 ORS. That's what Christian is trying to say, And yes you are right, there are routes where you can do well with high-80's and low 90's ORS, but that works fine in high AGEX, when talking about direct O/D ORS rating.

Your airline on IDL is now also very dependent on connections. This is no problem even if you fly props, because for connections, it's the "connection rating" that matters.And you can get very competitive connection rating that is maxed out, when you max out "possible ORS rating for the aircraft type" (which for props is 92 I think). While 92 can be attacked by competitor on direct route with 93-99 rating, the connection rating you get is not that easily attacked, because you are offering maximum ORS for your aircraft type, so the connection rating is maxed out and comparable to a jet ORS connection rating. This is because the connection rating maxes out at much lower values.

I don't know if the way I wrote it makes sense (it does to me) :)

I know what you mean :wink:

Being a larger airline makes you an important customer for private lessors and some would even order aircraft specifically for you if you request it.

Sounds like some type of underworld Airlinesim Mafia. 

How do you find out your ORS rating in number form?

In the ORS. Select your flight and hold the mouse over the green bars. It will tell you the ORS in a number.

Is there a way to view the ORS rating of a flight on a mobile device?

Try.

But the answer is yes atleast on my Sony Xperia Z3+ and Xperia Z2 Tablet, just hold on the bars and the rating will come up in the image menu.

... The category that seems to let me down the most is seat pitch.

Hi,

seat pitch is an image factor and doesn't (directly) influence your ORS rating.

I always aim at 99 ratings. But to be honest, I don't think you will loose many passengers if your flight has an ORS rating of 96.

I agree with Yukawa when he suggests that the high end of the market (bigger seats and expensive tickets) is more profitable, but his example is wrong. It is certainly not either selling 100 tickets at 1 dollar or one ticket at 1000 dollar. In theory it is selling 50 tickets at 20 dollar or 20 tickets at 50 dollar. In both cases you get 1000 dollar. However, one airline will pay 50 times 11 dollar for passenger handling and 50 times for on-board service, the other airline will only pay 20 times 11 dollar for passenger handling and 20 times for on-board service.

And I guess there is also a multiplication effect. It makes a difference if your rating is calculated as (seat rating + service rating) divided by price, or if the formula is (seat rating x service rating) divided by price...

Cheers,

Jan

you are right, of course having 99 ORS is not the holy grail

Of course it's not. But 100 is.  ;)

Euh... nobody has ever found the holy grail.

But the faster planes (like wide bodies and even a crappy old 727) will get you an ORS rating of 100  :)

Jan

In the ORS. Select your flight and hold the mouse over the green bars. It will tell you the ORS in a number.

Thanks!

Hello i cannot really understand how the ORS rating works. Let me give you an example.

1) On the same route with A320 (same aircraft age) i offer Comfort/R.Longhaul while my competitor offers LeisurePlus/RShorthaul, also my service profile is EC->4bar BU->3bar. My rating is 35 while his is 48+.

2)Same route,Me->A320 (Comfort/R.Longhaul), Him->AT7 (LeisurePlus/RShorthaul). My rating is 50 while his is 58.